Public Workshop "Optical Fibers: Theoretical Background and Hands-on"
Fraunhofer IOF is one of the leading research institute in the field of laser- and fiber technology.
The competences in this field range from design and simulation of all kinds of aspects of fibers and fiber lasers, the fabrication of special fibers toward its applications in laser systems, fiber sensors and telecommunication application.
Highly reputated results cover high power applications as well as tailored properties of photonic crystal fibers. In addition, special technologies and devices have been developed at the institute to support the handling and application of novel fibers. Based on this expertise, our experts offer up-to-date knowledge in our public workshop that covers the following contents:
Course of events
Detailed agenda and content will follow soon!
1. Theoretical part (4 x 2 h)
- Introduction and basics
- Modeling and optical effects in fibers
- Simulation, measurement techniques, and fabrication
- Preparation of fibers and overview of fiber components
2. Practical part (groups of two)
- Mode coupling and NA measurement
- Index profile measurement
- Loss measurement
- Optical backscatter measurements
- End capping and tapering
- Guided drawing tower and MCVD
3. Evening event (dinner) to get to know each other
Datum / Zeit
08.05.2023 - 11.05.2023
Dr. Thomas Schreiber
Telefon: +49 3641 807-352