17th International Conference on Plasma Surface Engineering
Fundamentals and applications of plasma and ion beam techniques in surface engineering
The 17th International Conference on Plasma Surface Engineering will be held, as usually, in Erfurt, Germany, from Monday, September 7 to Thursday, September 10, 2020. The biennial PSE conference series is organized by the European Joint Committee on Plasma and Ion Surface Engineering.
With a continuously growing interest in the preceding PSE events, with nearly 800 participants from all over the world in 2018, PSE is a well-established and leading forum in the field of plasma as well as ion- and particle-beam assisted surface modification and thin film technologies.
PSE provides an opportunity to present recent progress in research and development and industrial applications. Its topics span a wide range from fundamentals such as e.g. process modelling and simulation of plasmas or thin film physics, through experimental studies which establish the relationships between process parameters and the structural and functional properties of modified surfaces and/or thin films, towards the application in industrial production.
With numerous industrial exhibitors and an exceptionally large fraction of participants from industry (36% in 2018), a special feature of PSE is the intimate and vivid interaction between those being involved in basic research and those who have to meet the rapidly increasing demands in industrial production.
PSE 2020 will be dedicated to “Plasma Technology for New Energy Concepts”. The development of new energy concepts has accelerated, with a lot of industrial effort dedicated to it. The reduction of CO2 footprint by efficiency improvements, energy storage concepts, usage of hydrogen as fuel, all require dedicated surface solutions. They will be addressed in many scientific and technological contributions allocated to the conference topics. The more applied aspects of new energy concepts will be shown and discussed in the industrial workshop.
Plenary Speakers for PSE2020 are confirmed.
- Dr. Ali Erdemir, Argonne National Laboratory, Lemont, USA
- Prof. Ju-Liang He, Feng Chia University, Taichung, Taiwan
- Prof. Tim Hosenfeldt, Schaeffler Technologies AG & Co. KG, Herzogenaurach, Germany
- Prof. Christoph Leyens, Fraunhofer Institute for Material and Beam Technology IWS, Dresden, Germany
- Dr. Francoise Massines, French National Centre for Scientific Research | CNRS, Paris, France
- Prof. Tomohiro Nozaki, Tokyo Institute of Technology, Tokyo, Japan
- Prof. Lars Österlund, Uppsala University, Uppsala, Sweden
- Prof. Andrei Choukourov (Andrey Shukurov),, Charles University, Prague, Czech Republic
Messe Erfurt GmbH
Gothaer Straße 34
Datum / Zeit
07.09.2020 - 10.09.2020