Forever Young: Automation Makeover Rejuvenates Golden Age Fabs
Innovation Forum for Automation 2021
Meet Fabmatics virtually at the Automation Innovation Forum, which has been a firm fixture on the agenda of all automation enthusiasts for 18 years. This year, the Automation Network Dresden conferencev was transformed into a series of virtual events during the first four months of the year – with each partner company of the Automation Network Dresden (AND) hosting an event.
Innovation Forum for Automation / Digital Event Series:
Session 2 by Fabmatics
The growing digitalization in all areas of life continuously increase the demand for semiconductors. Many of these are manufactured in older, highly experienced but often less automated semiconductor fabs known as Golden Age Fabs. These fabs are facing the challenge to effectively master the increased demand with a 24×7 production under highest cost and quality pressure. Fab automation is one of the greatest potentials for semiconductor factories to effectively address the rising complexity in manufacturing. In particular, material flow automation, which often shows gaps, is a central starting point to increase the Fab productivity in an elementary way.
In this webinar, Fabmatics will show that older does not mean obsolete. The speakers will share how they have modernized their semiconductor fabs with retrofitted automation for their material flow processes, significantly improving performance, or how they are just beginning the necessary steps for automation integration.
Why you should attend:
- Get special insights in the automation path of very successful Golden Age Fabs
- Learn what automation challenges other less automated fabs are facing right now
- Find out how you can use a step-by-step approach to automate your material handling
- Look forward to helpful inputs and an inspiring exchange
Who should attend:
- Fab management as well as project managers, engineers & technicians from the automation departments of semiconductor fabs (Frontend, Backend)
- Equipment suppliers
- Automation enthusiasts and people who are thinking outside the box